Monday, August 6, 2007

orders filled

Well, the latest news is that both the orders I got recently were filled, and the recipients loved them. That's awesome, and quite inspiring. I am planning on making a velvet jacket for one of my clients in hopes she will buy it. We'll see. I'll make an extra for myself to keep. If she doesn't buy it, I'm sure I can sell it at a show sometime. If nothing else, I will learn a lot making it.



As far as the actual job goes... it's been rocky. I've been nothing short of worn out, and I have been angry with some of the sales managers. One of them told my boss that I was the "weakest link". My boss wasn't sure if he should tell me or not, but he carefully found words to tell me how I'm percieved outside of our office, and how it's FAR from true. He said all I can do is prove the guy wrong. Of course, he's egging me on to become a lead, which sounds like a great idea, but I'm already worn out. We'll see what happens. I want to let some of my collegues scope out what it's like before I jump into it. Of course, since I'll be the last to become a lead, it will make me look bad, but I do what is right for me, not what is right for my reputation.

If my boss really wants to improve my reputation, he can give me a store champion award in front of the whole store. I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up. Sometimes I wonder what am I doing all of it for.


It is aggrivating for me, because I thought I was making good money at my job, but when I compare it to what my husband makes it is nothing but peanuts. He makes almost twice what I do. Granted, his job is related somehow to what he went to school for, but I work a hell of a lot harder for a lot less.

The more I think about it, the more I want to run my own art biz. Of course, the shows themselves may not earn a lot of money, but the clients I'll get from the shows will be the key. Especially if I can have a website to coordinate with it. I really feel like I could earn a living at it, but I want to take each step with caution. I wanted to do a show in the fall (since they supposedly make more money) but so many of my friends are getting married, and it is using up a lot of my weekends off... and if you remember, I only get one saturday off a month. My husband wants me to quit eventually. Maybe once we have a house, I'll consider doing that.

No comments: