Tuesday, June 12, 2007

tired

Today I worked a full 9 hours at the day job. Overtime is annoying to me. I worked so hard, and got so tired that I started making sloppy mistakes. Lucky me, I get to go in early tomorrow and work some more! I am very glad that I will be taking a mini vacation to spend time with family.

Speaking of family, my tie dye got tons of attention at the family reunion/b-day party on Sunday. Not only was I wearing my awesome shirt, but my aunt Marj wore every single tie dye item I have ever made her (except the winter scarf) and that drew even more attention to it. And of course, I had to give little bro a shirt for his b-day. Grandma says she will buy a couple purses like Marj has, but honestly, I can't charge her for it. If I were to make it anywhere close to covering the cost of my time, they'd be well over $100 each, and they are not high enough quality to go for that. I test drove one of my sewn bags, and it was terrible. It only lasted a few months before it started showing serious signs of wear. I could not ethically charge Grandma for that. They take forever to make, and I'm really not that good at sewing.

Anyway, I hope I get a little bit of time to make some stuff and maybe check out another art show this week. I know work will wear me out again tomorrow because all the big dogs are there for our celebratory steak cookout, which we earned for selling a bazillion cars last month. I am so worn out from it. And when all the big dogs are there, all the employees go brown nose with them and leave their work for others to do... I can't wait for my mini vacation to start!!!!!

No comments: